Anti Human Trafficking Case Manager - English/Spanish
Title: Anti-Human Trafficking Case Manager (English/Spanish)
Department: Bakhita Empowerment Program (Anti-Human Trafficking)
Hours Worked: 37.5 hours/week
Reports to: Anti Human Trafficking Program Administrator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Riviera Beach, FL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive victim services to certified victims of human trafficking to include an individual need base plan and intensive case management.
- Network with partner agencies to refer services
- Collaborate with Catholic Charities programs in the provision of victim services
- Meet with human trafficking clients on a regular basis
- Represent Catholic Charities on the Human Trafficking Task Force
- Attend PBC Human Trafficking Coalition meetings
- Coordinate and oversee Catholic Charities community human trafficking education outreach
- Coordinate and oversee Catholic Charities public awareness campaign
- Responsible for ongoing needs Assessment
- Experience in managing the federal grants.
- Participate in clinical, case reviews with case managers to review the progress, needs, and impediments to safety or self-sufficiency experienced by victims.
This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree
- Three or more years of experience in providing direct social services to victims of violence and/or trauma, preferably to survivors of human trafficking, domestic violence, sexual assault and/or torture.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must be bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to function as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of community social service resources and local job market
- Computer skills. MS office and database management.
- Ability to communicate professionally with applicants, service providers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Common sense and good judgment in handling day-to-day matters without direct supervision.
- Ability to forge mutually respectful partnerships with supervisor, co-workers, and clients with an understanding and sensitivity to cultural differences. This sensitivity includes, but is not limited to, characteristics of specific cultural and ethnic groups, religious, various socio-economic groups and those living alternative lifestyles.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and instructions from a supervisor.
- Organized, self-starter, punctual, honest, courteous, and self-controlled.
- Knowledge and support of Catholic Social teaching.
- Florida driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, and the ability to respect confidentiality. Exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, pastors, departments heads, representatives of other agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, makes responsible judgment calls, and work with others in a team setting.
- Ability to work irregular hours, willingness to travel throughout the Diocese of Palm Beach to fulfill job requirements, and willingness to respond to emergency situations without notice.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, excellent driving record, and vehicle.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds, moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds and frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e. typing).
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. driving) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation).
- Work requires specific visual abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.