Part Time Accounting Specialist
Title: Accounting Specialist
Department: Elder Affairs
Hours Worked: Part Time (25 hrs. per week)
Reports to: Program Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sort program mail daily; route invoices for payment via M- files; distribute mail to case managers as appropriate
- Communicate with vendors; maintain vendor list in Quickbooks
- Maintain client accounts within Quickbooks- prepare and issue payments in accordance with program policy and procedure; prepare client deposits in accordance with program policy and procedure; recording transaction within QB register
- Communicate with Master Account bank representatives; maintain client accounts; setup new accounts; close accounts; manage allocations; prepare deposits via remote deposit; stop payments; new account setup; close accounts; manage Positive Pay; make in-branch deposit when necessary
- Manage Positive Pay with Master Account Bank
- Maintain AGED registers in QB; prepare/ submit deposits and requests for payments to AGED and recording in QB registers
- Preparation of direct deposit requests for client income when appropriate
- Setup and manage ACH payments for client invoices when appropriate
- Mail payments to vendors; electronic filing of paid invoices
- Duties of Accounting Specialist I when needed
- Typing court reports and case correspondence as requested
- Sort and distribute daily mail to appropriate personnel
- Participates in agency/staff development meetings as required.
- Attends additional trainings as determined by needs outlined in annual evaluation.
- Participates on a CQI team.
This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
- Degree in or knowledge of accounting or related discipline or extensive work in this area.
- One-year experience in the area of bookkeeping.
- QuickBooks proficient
- Knowledge and working ability with Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point
- Ability to work effectively with elderly.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use equipment (fax, computer, copier etc.)
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality of sensitive data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Software (especially Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Will adhere to all Catholic Charities and Diocesan policies and Procedures
- Exhibits professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, pastors, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Knowledge and support of Catholic Church teachings
- Florida Driver’s License, excellent driving record and access to vehicle
- Job demands may require extended hours from time to time
- Ability to work closely with others and alone.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Diocese of Palm Beach to fulfill job requirements
- Willingness to respond to emergency situations without notice
- Willingness to prioritize and respond to the needs of potential clients
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling, bending and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. driving) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in