Match Grant is an employment program designed to assist eligible Refugees, Asylees, Certain Amerasians from Vietnam, Certified Victims of Human Trafficking, Iraqi or Afghan Special Immigrants, and Cuban/Haitian Entrants become self-sufficient through employment within 120 to 180 days of eligibility in the program. At least one member of the refugee family must be employable. Other eligibility criteria apply including have documentary proof of one of the statuses mentioned above and date of arrival/eligibility.
Match Grant benefits our clients in the community with:
- Cash assistance for those who qualify
- Case Management
- Assistance with Employment/Authorization applications
- Job search skills training
- Resume writing and interviewing workshops
- Employment referrals appropriate to the applicant's skills
- Access to public transportation
- Referrals to community services
Our Match Grant program also benefits the local employers with:
- Free pre-screening of job applicants to match employment requirements
- Employment candidates legally authorized to work in the United States
- Assessment of applicants vocational skills and possible training referrals
- Ethical, well-trained workforce often committed to long-term employment
- Workers with firm family values and strong drives for financial stability
- Post-hiring support as needed
Businesses that Employ Our Clients
Below is a list of local businesses that employ clients of Catholic Charities Refugee and Resettlement Services. We hope you will bolster your workforce team today and join the list.
- Carousel Development and Restoration
- The Service Company
- Shipment Solutions
- Seacrest Services, Inc.
- El Presidente Supermarket
- Waste Collection, Inc.
- Cintas Corporation
- Home Health Care Resources
- Barnett Management
- SWI Windows and Doors
- Marriott’s Ocean Pointe
If you would like more information on our Match Grant program, please contact staff for this program.