Since 1978 Catholic Charities Elder Affairs Program has been providing comprehensive guardianship and case management services to the elderly in our community. Many elderly are without support and are unable to manage their personal affairs, leaving them vulnerable to exploitation, abuse, and neglect. Many lack the financial resources to provide for the necessities of living. It is the goal of the program to deliver services that deal with the realities of human suffering and to advocate justice for the elderly person burdened by poverty and the effects of societal indifference.
Through guardianship and case management services, the program can provide vital services to the most vulnerable and needy in our community. This multidimensional program provides comprehensive guardianship and case management services and linkage to community support for individuals 65 years of age and older, residing in Palm Beach County who are at risk physically, mentally, emotionally, financially and/or spiritually. Catholic Charities Elder Affairs program services are available to all regardless of race, income, or religious affiliation.
The Elder Affairs staff assists in both Guardianship Services and Information and Referral Services.
- Protection/management of client’s real estate, personal possessions and assets
- Preparation of a long-term financial plan of care
- Bill pay and budget planning
- Continual monitoring to assure the individual’s physical, emotional and spiritual well-being
- Preparation of a personalized plan of care
- Coordination of care to ensure medical, mental health, social and personal needs are met
- Correspondence with family, legal advisors, medical team and others
- Funeral planning and execution of known wishes
Information and Referral Services:
- Counseling for older persons/their families when faced with lifestyle decisions
- Assessment of personal and medical needs and referral to community services
- Financial assessment and planning for long-term care needs
- Information and assistance with nursing home and assisted living facility admissions.
- Counseling on the importance of preparing and executing life planning documents (POA, HCS, Living Will)
- Information, referral, and linkage to community service providers
Family Guardian Course is no longer offered through Catholic Charities.
Please check The 15th Judicial Circuit’s webpage for up-to-date information regarding the approved courses https://www.15thcircuit.com/services/probate-division
For more information on Guardianship
How are we Doing?
Your feedback is important to us. Please tell us how we're doing...